We’re Hiring! Product Marketing Manager
Applicants: Please apply via LinkedIn.
Location: San Mateo, CA
Candidates: Please submit your cover letter and resume.
In a world that is becoming increasingly connected, developers are turning to graphs to understand and manage our connected world. As an early pioneer in graph databases, Neo Technology is the market leader in what is now the fastest growing category in databases.
This role is an opportunity to shape the messaging future for the Neo4j database, and to impact the evolution of the entire space. You will be responsible for uncovering the many factors that are driving adoption and customer success; and then mapping, testing, and prioritizing the messages you arrive at with key stakeholders in the customer adoption lifecycle.
This is an exciting and impactful role with an amazing team, working with a product that users love, in a rapidly growing and immensely impactful space.
We’re looking for a high energy, passionate person with exceptional product marketing skills, who is eager to help wherever we need it most, to make the company and teams successful.
This role reports into the Products organization, where you will also have a very close working relationship with Marketing, as well as Field Engineering (pre-sales). You will work directly for the VP of Products, however in true startup fashion, expect to work very closely with your Neo colleagues in other areas on a day-to-day basis.
Among your responsibilities will be to:
- Harvest, hypothesize, document, test, prioritize, and evolve new product messages
- Develop a messaging hierarchy, prioritizing messages by audience, use case, industry, and other factors you deem relevant
- Work with customers and the open source community: listening to stories, using users as a sounding board, and understanding what champions need to communicate upwards inside of their organizations
- Develop product marketing content to support Marketing & Sales activities
- Work closely with the VPs of Product & Marketing, Content Marketing, Developer Evangelism, Field Engineering, Sales, Product Management, and others, to ensure messages best reflect the product’s strengths, as well as to communicate the knowledge and assets for which you will be responsible
- Support Sales enablement, building content and providing thought leadership for use by the Field Engineering team, who are responsible for enabling Sales with the messages and materials that you jointly develop
Desired Skills and Experience
The right candidate will have most or all of the following qualifications:
- 2+ years as a Product Marketer, with experience in message development and testing, for products aimed at developers. Experience with data and database products will be viewed with favor.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. A love of learning, synthesizing ideas, and conveying knowledge.
- An understanding of databases and data, including a basic grounding in the current database & data management landscape
- Experience in software selection and the software development lifecycle
- A fluency and ease in crafting standard internal & external product marketing materials, such as data sheets, use case descriptions, messaging docs, cheat sheets, objection handling, etc.
- A background in Developer Evangelism and/or Product Management, while not expected, will be viewed very favorably
We look forward to (you) -[:WORKING_AT]->(Neo Technology)