We’re Hiring! Data Scientist – Bay Area
Applicants: Please apply via LinkedIn.
Location : San Mateo, CA
As Data Scientist for Neo Technology, the company behind the world’s leading graph database, you will play an important part in leading the growing movement around connected data, and have a chance to change the way people understand and think about making sense of their data.
This role has two facets. The first will exercise your creative prowess by helping to understand Neo’s own business. This is a classic data scientist role, where you will use data from a variety of data sources, and work with various parts of the business (including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product Management, and Developer Evangelism) to conduct various forms of analysis, build predictive models, and shed light on various questions.
The second part of the role is a Product one. As Neo4j expands to serve a larger and larger user base across more and more industries and use cases, there is an increased need for users to understand their data in new and different ways. This is your chance to apply your knowledge of graph analytic techniques to evolve the product in a way that serves the broader set of graph analytic needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated love for data, and a passion for quantitative analysis. If you believe that you can get to the bottom of 90% of the world’s problems if you could only had the right data, this is the job for you!
- Fast learner, team player. Able to operate well in a fast-paced collaborative startup with lots of super-smart / super-friendly people
- Hands-on, results-oriented, highly-motivated, able to grok the big picture.
- Ability to get to the root cause of complex problems, with a strong eye for detail and missing links.
- Knowledge of key tools and techniques for moving and analyzing data, including but not limited to Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Cascading, Cypher, R, MatLab, Mallet (to name just a few) and of course SQL
- Hands-on programming experience with at least one major language, and at least one (ideally more) of the key off-the-shelf technologies for mining and analyzing data.
- A strong background in statistics, in particular the application of statistics to solving real-world problems
- Experience with one or more iterative programming or machine learning frameworks.
- Experience with data visualization, particularly with graph visualization.
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data, and sourcing data from business systems.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in computer science, applied math, or other relevant discipline.