Graph-tastic Technical Support Engineering Manager Needed
Applicants: Please apply via LinkedIn.
- San Francisco Bay Area or
- Remote, United States
The Technical Support Engineering Manager at Neo Technology will be both a hands-on role and leadership position helping define and shape the delivery of technical support to Neo4j customers.
You will take an active position in delivering first-line support to our enterprise customers, including troubleshooting issues, ensuring technical success, and bringing support cases to closure. You will also take an active leadership role in developing our outbound support knowledge, including knowledge-base articles, FAQ documents, and other methods for providing proactive knowledge transfer.
Long term you will also help us define and shape the global support organization and delivery processes, including:
- Queue management, support practices, escalation procedures, scheduling, and case-load management.
- On-boarding and training procedures for new support engineers
- Success and performance metrics to ensure outstanding technical support is delivered
- Product feedback process to Product Management and Engineering
- Improvements to our support tools and systems to support growth and knowledge delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7 years of experience in Technical Support with 2 years in a leadership or management role
- Database system experience with preference towards experience in NoSQL solutions and Neo4j (desirable, not mandatory)
- Experience with Java, which includes the ability to understand, write, and debug Java code
- Working knowledge of another development or scripting language such as Ruby or SQL
- Familiarity with open source ecosystems and tools
- Experience authoring and producing knowledge-base articles, FAQ’s, and other outbound support documentation
- Capable of working with remote Engineering teams in multiple different time zones to bring cases to closure
- Knowledge on support delivery metrics with experience implementing or managing to those goals