The First GOTO Berlin Conference Coming in October
The first GOTO Berlin conference will be coming in October with some well-known speakers participating in it, including our very own Dr Jim Webber!
The first GOTO conference in Berlin is due in two weeks, with two days of conference on October 17-18, preceded by two days with training on the 15-16. The program is titled “by developers, for developers” with emphasis placed on presenting the latest developments as they become relevant and interesting for the software development community.
The two conference days are divided into six tracks: Agile & Lean, Solution Track, Cloud / Big Data, Mobile, Web with Modern Web Architecture and Web APIs, and finally Software Philosophy.
Some of the more well-known among the 60 speakers are:
- Dr Alistair Cockburn, one of the original creators of the Manifesto for Agile Software Development.
- Dr Jim Webber, chief scientist at Neo Technology & co-author of the books Graph Databases and REST in Practice.
- Michael T. Nygard, author of Release it!
- Stefan Tilkov, SOA and REST authority, innoQ founder.
- Steve Freeman, pioneer of Agile, author of Growing Object Oriented Software, Guided by Tests.
The two days of training covers five different areas: Erlang/OTP 101, ASP.NET MVC4, Agile Enterprise, Mobile Web App Development and a Neo4j tutorial.
In an interview, Jørn Larsen, CEO at Trifork, the company behind the GOTO conferences, told InfoQ about his thoughts concerning the new conference.